Thursday, November 11, 2010

Press conference PEACE MANIFESTO. Can I Marry Myself? Yes!!



Chez Lodin + Toot Yung Gallery are pleased to invite you to attend Mathieu Ha’s Press Conference during which he will present his Peace Manifesto and the right to marry with himself

Tuesday November 23rd 2010 starting 3.30 Pm at Chez Lodin + Toot Yung.


PRESS CONFERENCE SCHEDULE
TUESDAY 23 NOVEMBER 2010

15H30
REGISTRATION

16H
PRESENTATION OF MATHIEU HA S PEACE MANIFESTO

17H
COFFEE BREAK + VISIT OF THE EXHIBITION

17H30
MINI CONCERT BY MATHIEU HA


I, Matthieu Ha, aged 37, a Belgian of French-Vietnamese orign, father of two children born to two different mothers;
I, Matthieu Ha, whole artist (musician, graphic artist, etc);
I, Matthieu Ha, claim the right to marry myself.

This engagement was revealed to me while I was making a series of sketches entitled The Depraved Tortoises of a Chaste Man. The depraved tortoise has a penis in place of a head. She determines her feminine gender in an unidentified tantric act. She is positioned between vice and virtue, between thought and after-thought. It is as if, by magic, I was transformed into these tortoises.
This matter led me to take a vow of chastity for eight months. After analysing the sketches, at the end of the period of chastity, I concluded that I must marry myself.
I must note that many people, including those I’ve consulted in the fields of psychoanalysis and new mathematics, have felt inspired by this idea. As André Malraux said, “The 21st century will be spiritual or will not be at all.”

The modern world nourishes doubts, as much on the level of its space, its chronology and its species, as on the level of its destiny. The explanation/solutions which we are given are often in response to an equation appropriated by the world order: Grenelle-Copenhagen, bank rescues, Afghanisation, Iraqisation, Brusselisation, religion, secularism, art. No longer for cosmic coherence, but rather for consumerist conscience.
People are driven towards a total resignation, losing the legibility of older visions of hope. For some, the hour is ideal for making war, for selling a country and for putting our souls to sleep.
But behind this sombre panorama, there are currents of alternative ideas, arising in the face of the dictates of culture and belief. Among these is marriage with oneself. … not to drown in the reflections of narcissism, but to learn about myself. I marry myself with all sincerity, so that my peace may shine on others.
Marriage with oneself is a contagious act of solidarity, which does no harm to anyone. Marriage with oneself is an act which participates in the civil mechanics of our society.

Marriage with oneself is a new point of departure in the modern world, giving power to the smallest common denominator.
I would like for the ceremony to take place in a church – I am Catholic – and in a town hall in Bangkok. In order to receive the recognition of these institutions on par with traditional marriage, and since this act is not yet officially accepted, I call upon a maximum of witnesses to support my marriage.

The right to marry to myself is a litlle step for the peace and a bigest for the humanity

MATHIEU HA

At this time:

- I consider myself in the Wholeness of Things, while all I am associated with is of advantage to myself.

- I recognise my biography

– past, present, future – as a timeline of one day, the longest day.

- I sublimate the isolation of my being in favour of a rebirth sufficiently individualist to take my destiny in hand with love.

- I renew myself, I reappear, I rub shoulders with myself, I am realised.

- I promise to be faithful to myself for better and for worse.



FOR FURTHER INFORMATION
AND REGISTRATION PLEASE CONTACT

CHEZ LODIN + TOOT YUNG GALLERY
19 PRACHATHIPATAI RD.
PHRA NAKON 10200 BANGKOK
TEL: 0849145499
E-MAIL: tibayrenc@yahoo.fr

No comments:

Post a Comment